For an employee, you have assigned Compensation Component with Recurrence Type as Recurring with Fixed Due Dates but during Payroll Processing, the below error is shown:
No Support for Recurring Compensation Component Type
Reproducing the Issue
Step 1: Creation of Compensation Component can be done in the Compensation work center.
Step 2: Assign the Compensation Component to the employee:
- Go to the Compensation work center.
- Select the Employees view.
- Select the respective employee and select the Edit button.
- Go to the Compensation Details tab and select the Earnings sub-tab.
- Select the Add Row button, here you can add the Compensation Component created with Recurrence Type as Recurring with Fixed Due Dates.
Step 3: To reproduce the issue:
- Go to the Payroll Processing work center.
- Select the Payroll Run view.
- Highlight the respective Payroll Group,
- Select the View Payroll Process Data link under the Further Details.
- Go to the Employee Data tab and the All Employees sub-tab.
- Select the employee, then you can see the Error Description and Error Location.
The recurrence possibilities offered by SAP Business ByDesign Compensation are very flexible and it provides the following options:
- No support of recurring Compensation Component Type
- Partial support of recurring Compensation Component Type
- Complete support of recurring Compensation Component Type
But these may not be all supported by some third-party payroll providers.
If your payroll provider is DATEV and the corresponding compensation component is not supported by it, then system will show the above error message.
The system works as designed.
KBA , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , Product Enhancement