- Error “Fail to retrieve the data from the database” while refreshing a Crystal Report followed by “Database connector error”
- Crystal Reports 2008 SP3
- Sybase 15
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a new Crystal Report on Sybase Server15 connection
- Choose three tables from the connection, two of them will be linked and one is isolated.
- Refresh the report.
The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT00413203
- Create a Crystal Report
- Choose Sybase Server as a data source
- Choose the tables and go to link tab
- Create a link between any two fields and double click on the link, link option will open
- Choose Right Outer Join as Join Type, Enforce join is set to Not Enforced and set the link type to Not Equal (!=)
- Now refresh the report
Crystal Reports issue with Sybase 15, Links, Fail to retrieve the data from the database , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem