- Not all data displays.
- When reporting off a BEx Query in Crystal Reports, it is missing the empty data.
- Is it possible to obtain empty rows when reporting from SAP BW BEx Query in Crystal Reports?
- Is there an option to distinguish between empty and non empty rows when reporting off BEx query in Crystal Reports?
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a new report off an SAP BW BEx Query using the SAP menu.
- Select the SAP BW system.
- Enter the login credentials.
- Select the SAP BW BEx Query.
- Notice the reports does not return the expected data set. It is missing the blank or empty rows.
If you report off the same BEx Query in BEx Analyser, it displays more rows of data.
- By default, when reporting off a BEx Query in Crystal Reports, it will returns the rows that contains data, and not the empty rows that exist in SAP BW cube.
- From Service Pack 3 of Crystal Reports 2008 and above, the option to "Show Empty Data" when reporting off SAP BW BEx Query was introduced.
- When you want your report to show all SAP NetWeaver BW data records, including the empty ones, you can use the new "Show Empty Data" option. This option has been added to the SAP NetWeaver BW MDX driver to allow empty data records to be displayed.
- The "Show Empty Data" option can be selected when you create the connection (on SAP System Login).
- When the "Show Empty Data" option is selected, empty data rows will be displayed in the report as valid data.
- Important Note: Setting "Show Empty data" to true will downgrade the data retrieval performance, so the default value for the option is False. This also applies when opening a report created with previous versions of this product.
- Chapter SAP Integration Kits - "Option to distinguish between empty and non empty rows for SAP NetWeaver BW Data" from "What's New in SAP BusinessObjects XI 3.1 Service Pack 3"
CR, NULL data, Empty Data, empty rows , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016