When you try to activate an Org Structure after making some changes, system throws below error message:
Cannot change cost center XYZ (Cost Center Name); it is assigned to fixed asset
Cannot change timeline of cost center; cost center is used by financial accounting
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Organizational Management work center.
- Select Edit Org Structures under Common Tasks.
- Select Activate button and choose Activate All option.
There are different causes that lead to this issue,
- If you have a fixed asset assigned to a cost center and delimiting the cost center validity to a past date.
- If you have a Fixed Asset assigned to a Cost Center and deleting the cost center.
- If you have a fixed asset for a particular combination on Profit center and Cost center, and assigning another org unit as a profit center which disturbs the above combination. Because for a fixed asset, a profit center is derived based on the cost center.
The system works as designed.
If you have a fixed asset with the status Capitalized then the validity of the Cost center or cost center/Profit center combination should not be changed.
If you have deleted these Org units in the planning area, then follow the below steps:
1. Go to Planning Area of the Org Structure.
2. Perform Roll Back. PLEASE NOTE: Once you perform the roll back all the inactive changes will be deleted and the Org Structure will be back to its last active version.
3. System alerts with the message "Are you sure you want to roll back all pending organizational changes? Roll Back deletes all changes made to the organizational structure, and returns to the currently active version. It deletes organizational units that have not yet been activated. This action has system-wide consequences and also affects org structures and units that are not currently shown on the screen. This action cannot be undone. To roll back click OK. To return to the previous screen click Cancel."
4. Now, perform the changes in the Org Units which ever is required.
5. Continue with the activation.
6. Now, try to delimit the validates of the Org Units and activate again.
KBA , AP-ODP-ODR , Outbound Delivery Request , Product Enhancement