- While compiling the Crystal Reports .NET web application, error is thrown.
- Error: 'The process cannot access the file <filename> because it is being used by another process.'
- Windows XP
- Visual Studio 2008
- Web application using C#
- Crystal Reports 2008.
Reproducing the Issue
- Create the web application in Visual Studio.
- Add the Crystal report in the application.
- Write the code to view the report using Report Document object model.
- Open the report in Crystal Reports 2008 (Designer / standalone)
- Compile the application.
- Report was being used by Crystal Reports 2008 (designer).
- Close and Save (if required) the report, before compiling the application in Visual Studio IDE.
CR .NET SDK report not opening loading processing , KBA , BI-DEV-NET-SDK , .NET SDK / COM SDK , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1