- Flickering/blinking of Xcelsius components when loading the dashboard.
- The components are not displayed according to the order set in Object browser
- The data retrieval is taking a while. Hence, you want to display a Label text in front so that the components are displayed once all the data is retrieved.
- Xcelsius 2008 SP4
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a new Xcelsius dashboard
- Add 3 selectors, a combo box, a chart (set Dynamic Visibility for all of them)
- Add a label text component and enlarge it enough to cover the components.
- Check the option 'show fill' and set the label to Front
- Configure Dynamic visibility
- Export to SWF
==> Components behind the label text can be seen flickering for a split-second or so while loading the dashboard.
- Xcelsius will begin to add components according to the order set in object browser. But Xcelsius can’t decide when this components will be displayed. This is decided by flash player. Xcelsius provides a callback for each component, flash player will invoke a callback corresponding to a component, before it decides to display this component.
- Put all component, expect the “Loading, please wait” text label, in a Canvas Container.
- Configure BW connection, bind its Load Status Insert In to a cell.
- Ensure you check the option 'refresh before the components are loaded'
- Configure the “Loading, please wait” label’s dynamic visibility, to make sure it is displayed when the BW connection is refreshing.
- Configure Canvas Container’s “Dynamic Visibility”. To make sure it is hidden when the BW connection is refreshing.
• Note: if you want to use dynamic visibility for any components inside this Canvas Container, you should make sure this component won’t be displayed if the canvas container is hidden. If customer doesn’t configure this way, for complex dashboard, there may be some weird behavior.
Blinking Flickering Xcelsius Components order display text loading , KBA , BI-RA-XL-DSL , Dashboards, design-time, design on multi-source , Problem