You make some an outgoing payment outside of SAP Business ByDesign system, now you create a journal entry voucher in order to reflect the payment in the system, and deduct the amount from the related bank account. But this journal entry voucher does not appear as the item to be selected when creating a bank statement.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger work center, and select the Journal Entries view.
- Select the Journal Entry Vouchers subview.
- Choose New and then select Journal Entry Voucher.
- Enter the necessary information.
- In the line items, enter a credit amount to the G/L account related to the bank account XYZ, and the same debit amount to a G/L account, for example, an expense account.
- Post it.
- Then go to the Liquidity Management work center, and select the New Bank Statement under Common Tasks.
- In the Bank Account ID field, enter bank account XYZ, and then fill the other mandatory fields.
- Navigate to the second step Select Items, you cannot see the journal entry voucher created earlier from the items list.
A journal entry voucher is a transaction that you enter directly in accounting in order to generate journal entries. It can make adjusting/correcting entries to the G/L accounts, make manual postings on fixed assets, correct or adjust automatic postings etc. But it cannot directly make changes to a bank account. A bank account is different from a G/L account, even if with the same name.
In order to record the outgoing payment in the system and deduct the amount for the bank account XYZ, follow the steps below:
- First of all, reverse the journal entry voucher posted earlier.
- Then go to the Payment management work center, create a new outgoing bank transfer.
- In the Bank Account ID field, enter XYZ.
- Enter the Payment Amount, and the other mandatory fields.
- Set the Outgoing Payment with to Direct Posting to G/L Account.
- Under Account Assignment, assign the amount to the target G/L Account.
- Release the Outgoing Bank Transfer.
You should be able to see this outgoing bank transfer when creating a new bank statement of bank account XYZ.
KBA , bank statement , outgoing payment , journal entry voucher , SRD-FIN-CLM , Cash and Liquity Managment , How To