You, as a manager, try to approve the Time Recording of an employee but the system throws an exception.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Managing My Area work center.
- Select Confirm Time Recording under Common Tasks.
- Select Time Recording Approval task and select Approve button.
The cause for the dump is probably that the Time Account which is used for the Time Recording is a Recurring account and the Bookable To date is a high date (31.12.9999).
If you want to use the Bookable To date as 31.12.9999, then you can use Permanent Account instead of Recurring Account. If you want to use Recurring Account, then you can use a Bookable To date which is reasonable.
To overcome the Exception temporarily, you can perform the Correction Run for the affected employee as stated below:
- Go to Time Administration work center.
- Select Regular Tasks view.
- Select Run Day Closure for One Employee.
- Enter the employee affected and select Start Time Valuation.
- Select Run button.
- On the popup screen, enter the Valuation Start date and select OK button. Note: The valuation start date should be set as far in the past as the earliest vacation record has been recorded.
KBA , SRD-MD-OM , Organizational Management , Product Enhancement