Replacement path variable query runs before dashboard is loaded and not when triggered.
- Netweaver Portal
- Xcelsius 2008 Dashboard
- BEx query with replacement path variable
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a bex query with replacement path variable.
- Create a dashboard off that query.
- In the dashboard, set a trigger (Refresh button), which sets off the query.
- Save the dashboard to the portal.
- Launch dashboard.
- Before the dashboard comes up, Mandatory Variable prompt comes up or the replacement path variable query starts running.
- Enter the value for the Mandatory Variable or the replacement path variable.
- The dashboard comes up. It's empty, because the query has not still been executed.
- Set the trigger in the dashboard, which sets off the query, which in turn sets off Mandatory variable or replacement path variable query.
- Dashboard comes up with correct data.
The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01530370
This issue has been rejected by design. The BEx variable are provided before dashboard is loaded.
xcelsius, dashboard, bex variable, replacement path variable, portal, 01530370 , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem