- Error: Failed to Open the connection Details:Unexpected Error
- When attempting to create a new report or refresh a report based off Salesforce.com in Crystal Reports 2011 Support Pack 02, it fails with the error:
"Failed to Open the connection
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011 - Support Pack 02
Reproducing the Issue
- Open Crystal Reports 2011
- Create a new connection, and select Salesforce
- Enter the Salesforce.com user name and password, and click "OK"
It will fail with the error: "Failed to Open the connection Details:Unexpected Error"
- The incorrect files for the Salesforce.com connectivity was delivered in Support Pack 2 of Crystal Reports 2011.
- This issue has been reproduced at SAP, and tracked under ADAPT01587601
- The issue has been resolved in the following product update of Crystal Reports 2011:
- Support Pack 02 - Patch 9
- Support Pack 03 - Patch 4
- Support Pack 04
- If you cannot apply a product update at this point, then the workaround will be to replace the Salesforce.com connectivity jar files with original RTM versions.
See both .jar files attached at the bottom of the document.
Replace the following files on your machine with attached ones:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\java\lib\CRDBSForceServer.jar;
- C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\java\lib\external\CRDBSForceExternal.jar;
- It is usually recommended to rename extensions of original files instead of replacing the files.
- Also note that both folders may be protected, so you may need to right-click the folder, go to the Security tab and Grant Full Control to the Users before being able to replace the files.
CR, SFDC, SForce , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Bug Filed
SAP Crystal Reports 2011, feature pack 03