- Get the other user's Webi instance when viewing the corporate dashboard
- Error "HTTP Status 404-/ull The requested resource (/ull) is not available"
- SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Corporate Dashboard
- Add a Viewer Analytic and let it point to a WebI document
- UserA schedules the WebI document; the instance is generated
- After that, UserB schedules the WebI document and generates another instance
- UserB logs into the InfoView and can successfully view the above corporate dashboard and its included WebI document
- UserA logs on InfoView and views the dashboard, but it always shows the latest instance (which was generated by UserB)
- Depending on the security setting, UserA may also get the error "HTTP Status 404-/ull The requested resource (/ull) is not available", as the latest instance was owned and generated by other user.
- This behavior is by design.
- Workaround One: When adding a WebI document in the Viewer Analytic, the three options below are availabel for the "Document Retrieval Properties" property. Change it from the default option ("Display document read from original document list only") to "Check the dashboard's user inbox for a copy of report before reading from original document list". Reschedule the WebI document, and select "Inbox" for Output Format. Now, the copy of WebI instance will be saved to user's Inbox folder. When the user views the dashboard, it will first try to get the copy of report instance from the user's own Inbox folder.
- Display document read from original document list only
- Check the dashboard's user inbox for a copy of report before reading from original document list
- Only look for document in Personal Inbox.
- Workaround Two: Use Crystal Reports instead. When adding Viewer Analytic for Crystal Reports, you can choose how the report content displays with the below three options. It is available for Crystal Reports only
- On Demand
- Latest Instance
- Latest Instance By User (Enter the User Name ___ )
KBA , BI-BIP-BIW , BI Workspaces (Dashboard Builder) , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1