- Reports errors out.
- Reports created in Crystal Reports off an SAP data source errors out, or no longer refresh.
- After applying SAP Netweaver latest product update, or an SAP BW update, reports created in Crystal Reports based on SAP Tables or SAP BW BEx Query fails.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.0
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.2
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off an SAP data source. ( SAP BW BEx Query, SAP Tables,... )
- The report can refresh successfully.
- Apply the latest SAP Netweaver product update.
- The report created in Crystal Reports then fails to refresh.
- To connect to an SAP data source, Crystal Reports requires functions, and objects that are loaded by the SAP Integration Kit transports on the SAP System.
- SAP NetWeaver 7.02 and higher already contains some of the necessary functions and objects for Crystal Reports to connect to SAP data source, but it generally has a lower version of the SAP Integration Kit functions. When applying an update to SAP Netweaver, ECC, SAP BW, it overwrite the previous functions and objects regardless of their versions. And this is why, the report fails after the SAP System or SAP Netweaver System was updated, because Crystal Reports drivers cannot communicate successfully with the functions loaded on the SAP system since thy are older version than the version of Crystal Reports used.
- The versions of the functions and objects loaded on the SAP Netweaver System by the SAP Intgeration Kit Transports needs to be equal to the version of Crystal Reports used.
If you are using Crystal Reports 2011 with Support Pack 5, then the version of the SAP Integration Kit Transports loaded on the SAP System needs to be for Crystal Reports 2011 Service Pack 05.
Note: The SAP Integration Kit Transports are backward compatible, therefore while in testing phase, it is possible to use lower version of Crystal Reports than the version of the SAP Integration Kit loaded on the SAP System, but for live system, it is required to have the version of SAP Integration Kit Transports loaded on the SAP System to be equal to the version of Crystal Reports used.
- After an SAP Netweaver, or SAP BW, or SAP ECC update, it is recommended to always load the SAP Integration Kit transports to the SAP System that correspond to the exact version of Crystal Reports used.
If you have installed Fix Pack 3.5 of the SAP Integration Kit for Crystal Reports 2008, then load the transports that comes with Fix Pack 3.5 to the SAP system.
For information on the version of the SAP Integration Kit Transports that a required to be loaded on the SAP System based on the version of Crystal Reports used, see the following SAP Knowledge Base Article:
2177314 - Version of SAP Integration Kit Transports for Crystal Reports
Crystal Reports, CR, SAP Integration Kit, transports, SAP BW BEx Query , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016