You, as a time administrator, try to upload employee's times by Excel file. You may encounter the following error:
Change of time agreement item not possible
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Time Administration work center.
- Select the Time Recordings view and Time Sheet sub view.
- Highlight the respective employee and select the Actions button and choose the Upload Project Confirmations from Microsoft Excel.
- Input the time data and save the data in the system through Excel.
- Clear the data in Excel file and enter new times for another employee in the same file and save the data.
Excel throws the above error message.
If an excel upload for employee times has been processed successfully, the technical IDs(UUIDs) of these employee times are saved in hidden columns within the Excel file.
So Excel will not allow to save the time, if you use the same file for another employee’s time uploading.
If you want to reuse the same file to upload other employee times, you have to remove the technical data in hidden columns before uploading again from this file.
However changing employee times that have been uploaded before is only possible within the system but not via Excel uploading anymore, except you keep a copy of the file with the same technical data as the one used in initial Excel uploading and upload it for employee times update.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , Product Enhancement