- No data returns when refreshing a report.
- Crystal Reports hangs, and returns no data.
- Reports based off one of the following SAP data source returns no data in Crystal Reports:
- SAP BW BEx Query,
- Customer Relationship Management System (CRM),
- ABAP functions
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- Verify from the SAP Customer Relationship Management System that the table or function to which Crystal Report will connect to has data.
- In Crystal Reports, create a new report using the connection: SAP Table, Cluster, or Function.
The new connection will use the Open SQL driver to connect to the table of the SAP System.
- Add a database fields to the Details section of the report.
- Refresh the report.
- The report returns no data, or hang.
- The SAP Gateway configuration prevents Crystal Reports from retrieving data from the SAP System.
- When looking at the Crystal Reports logs, you will notice the SAP Gateway connection to the SAP System fails with the error:
[Tue Sep 27 10:58:21 2011] 5996 5808 SAP: Received return code 1 from RfcWaitForRequest. This is an error. Message CPIC-CALL: 'SAP_CMACCPTP : rc=20
LOCATION SAP-Gateway on host <host name> / sapgw00
ERROR Registration of tp <name> from host <host name> not allowed
TIME Tue Sep 27 1:11:11 201
. Existing receiving thread...
[Tue Sep 27 10:58:21 2011] 5996 5808 SAP: Data reader received error notification. Preparing to go out of scope.
For information on how to create a log for Crystal Reports, see the SAP Knowledge Base Article: 1220085
- To resolve this issue, modify the SAP Gateway security to allow Crystal Reports to connect to the SAP System.
- To update the SAP Gateway to allow your user, or computer, or external application to connect to the SAP System, contact your SAP BASIS Administrator. For more information see the SAP Note: 1408081 - Basic settings for reg_info and sec_info
- If you have any questions or issues setting security for the SAP Gateway, then create an incident for the SAP Gateway support, under the component: BC-CST-GW
SP3, CR, CR Designer, SAP CRM, CRM, opensql, empty result, no data retrieve, SAP IK , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V0 ; Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016