- Using the ReportDocument.SaveAs() method to save or update a Crystal Report at existing location with same name using Crystal Reports .NET SDK.
- Error is thrown: Access is denied.
- Crystal Reports 2008
- Web application using .Net Framework 3.5
- Windows XP
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a report & save it on a desired location.
- Using SDK save/update the existing report to same location with same name.
- The ASP.NET Machine Account (ASPNET) account was not given enough rights to access/write the report.
- Select the report in the question. Go to properties.
- Select ASP.NET Machine Account (ASPNET) in Security tab from the Group or user names.
- Allow Write or Full Control to this account.
.net , cr 2008 vs rights, com , KBA , BI-DEV-NET-SDK , .NET SDK / COM SDK , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1