How to create a discount list specific to a sales order ?
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Select New Sales Order.
- Add 20 line items in the sales order.
Now you intend to add a discount to each item automatically using a discount list maintained specific to a sales order.
Creating a discount list specific to a sales order is not possible however you can create a customer specific discount products list.
The discount list is not sales order specific but customer specific for e. g. You are creating a sales order with 20 line items for a customer XYZ and you have already created a customer specific discount list for this customer, so now in the sales order you don't have to add the discount in each line item manually but it will be picked from the customer specific discount products list.
Follow the steps below for creation of discount list:
- Go to the Product and Service Portfolio work center.
- Select the Pricing view, Discount List sub-view.
- Show Customer Specific Discount Products and then select the New button - Customer Specific Discount Products.
- In the General tab add mandatory details like Name, Validity, Account ID (i. e. customer account).
- Go to the Items tab and add the product and percentage of discount.
- Save and Release the Discount List.
- Now the discount list will go for the approval, once the approval is done the discount list will be active.
After the activation of the discount list if you add the items in the sales order then the system would automatically pick the discount percentage.
For the older sales orders (i. e. those sales orders which are created before release of the discount list):
- Go to the Pricing tab of the sales order.
- Select Update Pricing button - Completely.
- The discount would be updated for the items in sales order.
KBA , LOD-CRM , Cloud for Customer , How To