You, as a personnel administrator, observe that the FTE values of a particular employee are different in the Work Agreement and Organizational Assignment sub-tab in employee's personnel file.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Personnel Administration work center.
- Select the Employees view.
- Highlight the respective employee and select the Edit button.
- Select the Employment tab then go to the Work Agreement sub-tab and also check the Organizational Assignment sub-tab, where the FTE values are different.
The cause for the issue is due to incorrect setting in the Working Time fine-tuning activity.
For a particular combination of Work Agreement and Administrative Category, if you adjust the date to DD1.MM1.YYYY1, then all the employees with the combination and hire date before DD1.MM1.YYYY1 will not have any Standard Working Hours.
For example, if the Standard Working Hours is from 01.01.2011 to Unlimited and if you alter the Valid From date from 01.01.2011 to any date (01.10.2011). Then the all the employees with the above combination and hire date between 01.01.2011 to 30.09.2011 will not have any Standard Working Hours.
If there is a change in standard Working Time for this group, then you delimit the initial record and then a new record must be created with the new Standard Working Time instead of adjusting the existing record.
DD.MM.YYYY – DD2.MM2.YYYY2 = 38.5h/Week
DD1.MM1.YYYY1 - Unlimited = 37h/week
Real Time Example:
01.01.2011 - 30.09.2011 38,5h / Week
01.10.2011 - unlimited 37h / Week
To Correct the Working Time, follow below steps:
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Select Implementation Projects view.
- Select Open Activity List button.
- Select Fine Tune chevron.
- Open the fine tuning activity Working Time.
- Select the respective combination (Work Agreement and Administrative Category) and change the Valid From to the respective date as documented above and add a new row for the current assignment.
- Select save and Close button.
After making the above correction, it is required to run a report in the background to correct the wrong FTE values calculated earlier. This report should be executed by SAP. Hence raise a incident to run the report to correct the wrong FTE value.
KBA , SRD-HR-PAD , Personnel Administration , Product Enhancement