When you change/update an expense type and save it, system may throw the below error message:
Account determination group for Expense Type XYZ in YYYYMMDD is missing
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Implementation projects view.
- Select the project and the Open Activity List button.
- Select the Fine-Tune chevron.
- Open the Expense report - <country> activity.
- Select the Edit expense types link.
- Select expense type XYZ and make necessary change, select the Save button.
The above error message may be thrown.
The cause for the error message is that for the expense type XYZ in the Definition tab, the Valid from date is maintained as DD.MM.YYYY whereas in the Account Determination tab the Valid from date is maintained as DD1.MM1.YYYY1, where DD1.MM1.YYYY1 is later than DD.MM.YYYY. This means between DD.MM.YYYY to DD1.MM1.YYYY1 no account determination is maintained.
A valid account determination needs to be defined for each of the validity periods of an expense type.
To resolve the issue, maintain Valid from date on the Account Determination tab as the same as that on the Definition tab.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , Product Enhancement