What are the supported reporting platforms for the BW Netweaver relational connection to BI 4.0 Information Design Tool?
- SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise BI 4.0 support patch 2
- Information Design Tool
- Universe Designer
- SAP Netweaver BW
Reproducing the Issue
- Launch Universe Design Tool or Information Design Tool from SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform Client Tools
- Use and existing project or create a new one
- Create a new connection - select New Olap connection
- Enter a new name for the connection
- Expand the SAP Netweaver BI 7x
- Select SAP Bics Client
- Continue through set up to finish
- After Creating the connection Highlight the connection name.cnx file under the local project and publish to the repository.
When creating a new Connection to the Netweaver BW it is recommended to use the BICS connection. The BAPI connection is deprecated after support patch 02.
These are the listed supported connections for Windows and BW
- SAP NW BW 7.01 sp6 OLAP BAPI Not Supported
- SAP NW BW 7.01 sp6 BICS Supported
- SAP NW BW 7.3 BICS Supported
Attached support guide for the reporting connections for BI 4.0 SP02
KBA , BI-BIP-SL , Semantic Layer , How To
|BI 4 02 - SL PAM - v1_026.xlsx|