A custom report shows an incorrect value for the Accounting period/Year from the variable selection. In fact, the value of the Accounting period/Year, from the value help, doesn't match the Fiscal Year Variant one.
Reproducing the Issue
- From the Business Analytics work center choose the Design data source view.
- Create a custom combined data source based on the following data sources:
- Cost Center - Line Items (FINCACU01)
- Purchase Ledger Account Line Items (FININVU03)
- G/L Account Items (FINGLAU02)
- Build a custom report (X) based on the combined data source above.
- Assign the report (X) to the desired work center.
- Open the report (X).
- From the variable screen click on the value help for the Accounting period/Year and search for a period, for example 001.2011, you will notice that the value shown for the Accounting period/Year doesn't match the one shown for the Fiscal Year Variant.
- When you check the same for a standard report you can see that the value match.
The Fiscal Year Variant has been selected wrongly while joining the three data sources.
In this example the Fiscal Year Variant has been selected wrongly, for the G/L account Items, while joining the three data sources.
In order to have the matching values the following selection should have been done:
- Combined data source field: Fiscal Year Variant.
- Cost Center – Line Items: Fiscal Year Variant.
- Purchase Ledger Account Line Items: Fiscal Year Variant.
- G/L Account Items: Fiscal Year Variant.
Note: when building a combined data source the following recommendation should be considered:
- Choose only characteristics which can be mapped from the combined data sources.
- Choose key figures which are unique per Data Source (otherwise data will be aggregated).
KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To