Sometimes when you change the sorting order of a characteristic in reports, the sign changes but the sorting does not work.
You would like to know how the sorting of fileds work in the report.
Reporting in SAP Business ByDesign
- Reporting in SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to the Sales Orders work center.
2. Select the Reports view and open the Sales Order Volume report.
3. Add the following characteristics Sales Organization, Product Category and Sales Order ID and the key figure Net Value to the Report. (In the same order)
4. Change the sorting order of the field Product Cateogry. The Sign changes when you change the sorting but the values are not sorted in the report.
This is because the sorting order of the characteristics in the report is always from left to right. The report will be sorted based on the first characteristic that is added to the report. In our example the report is sorted based on Sales Organization(1st Column).
Please note that when you change the sorting order of the other characteristics in the report, the sign changes because a secondary level of sorting will take place for that column. For example if the first clolumn Sales Organization "A" has 10 Product Categories, then those ten values will be sorted in the second column. Similarly if each Product category has 10 Sales Order IDs, then those ten values will be sorted in the order that you choose in the third column and so on.
The above scenario is applicable only when there are multiples entries in the second column against each value in the first column of the report. The same will continue for the remaining columns.
- If you want to sort by the Product Category, you have to move the Product Category column to the very left.The report layout will be as follows: 1st column Product category - 2nd column Sales Organization - 3rd column Sales Order ID .
- In the Characteristic Settings, under the Sorting tab you have the option to choose from to Sort by the ID or Description.You can also choose Ascending or Descending Order.
- The primary sorting sequence is set by the drill down displayed in the report. The drill down sets the order of the characteristics displayed in the report.
- Key Figure Sorting Overrules any Settings for Characteristic Sorting.
- If a characteristic has attributes, you can also sort the characteristic by attribute. The attribute specified does not have to be selected for display. Only if you set an attribute for the chaarateristic in the settings the sorting will be applied based on that.
characteristics, key figures, sorting, sort by ID, sort by description,reports, sorting order , KBA , analytics , reports , sort fields , sorting , characteristics , sorting does not work , key figures , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To