- Import any Excel sheet containing large data into a new sample dashboard
- Then the "server busy" dialog box appears.
- Windows 7
- Ms Office 2007
- Xcelsius 2008 SP4
Reproducing the Issue
- Open a new Xcelsius dashboard.
- Import any large data embedded Excel sheet into the sample dashboard and you will get the "Server Busy" dialog box.
- When we click on "Retry" the dialog box pops up again and again.
- Even if we wait for some time and click on Retry, it keeps on appearing.
- So, ultimately we need to kill the session.
If we open the task manager we will see Microsoft Office Excel-compatibility checker running at the backend in Process tab due to which the Retry option keeps on appearing.
- Import an Excel sheet containing large amount of data in Xcelsius; we get Switch to, Retry dialog box.
- Open the task manager and then we see a Microsoft Office Excel-compatibility checker in Process tab.
- Right Click on it and Bring it to Front.
- Then uncheck the compatibility or else leave it as it is and say continue.
- Click on Retry again in Xcelsius and we will be able to import the Excel sheet.
Switch to, Retry , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem