At the time of system set up, you have not scoped HCM module and maintained the employees in the Business Partner Data work center. Now you up-scope HCM module but you are not able to edit the employee details in Business Partner Data work center any more and none of the existing employees are visible in Personnel Administration work center.
If you up-scope HCM module, you have to migrate the existing employees' personnel data in the system:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Implementation Projects view.
- Highlight the project and select the Open Activity List button.
- Select the Integrate and Extend chevron.
- Search for activity Migration of Employee - <Country name>, where you can find a list several migration scenarios. So you have to decide if you want to migrate already existing employees' personnel data via using the migration tool or manually.
- If you want to use the Migration Tool, you need to select the Migrate personnel administration data using the migration tool link.
- If you want to migrate the personnel data manually, you need to select the Manually create Personnel File using basic employee data link.
- After you have migrated the personnel data for each employee, the employees will appear in the Personnel Administration work center, in Employees view and you should be able to maintain them.
KBA , SRD-HR-PAD , Personnel Administration , Product Enhancement