You post the warehouse confirmation document of material ABC to accounting, in the respective journal entry XYZ, you can see that the amount posted to the finished goods inventory account isn't calculated based on the Inventory Cost maintained in the material master data of ABC.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Inventory Valuation work center, and choose the Reports view.
- Select the List subview, and then choose the Material Inventories - Line Items view.
- In the Variable Screen, enter the jouranl entry XYZ.
- You can see that for material ABC, the Amount Company Currency is XXX.
- Check the material master data of ABC, you can see that the Perpetual Cost Method is Standard, and the cost vaild on the posting date of XYZ is YYY.
- If you multiply the Inventory Cost in the material master data YYY by the Fulfilled Quantity in the warehouse confirmation document, the amount is ZZZ not XXX.
By the time the journal entry XYZ is generated, the Perpetual Cost Method of the material is still Moving Average, and it's changed to Standard after the journal entry XYZ is generated. You can follow the steps below to check the material cost history:
- Go to the Inventory Valuation work center, and choose the Master Data view.
- Select Material Costs Overview subview.
- Select material ABC and then choose View Cost History.
- Change Period/Year to include the date on which journal entry XYZ is generated, and you can see the Resulting Inventory Cost right before then.
- Multiply this Inventory Cost by the quantity in the warehouse confirmation document, you will get the amount XXX.
KBA , inventory cost , warehouse confirmation , SRD-FIN-TAX , Tax Management , How To