When you try to transfer an employee from one org unit to another one, system may throw the below error message:
Org. unit not assigned to valid reporting line unit on transfer date
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Personnel Administration work center.
- Select the Employees view.
- Select the respective employee.
- Select the Actions button and choose Transfer Employee.
- Choose a new org unit under New Organizational Assignment.
- Select the Save button.
System throws the above error message.
The error message is caused by that the org unit and all its top level org units are not assigned as Reporting Line Unit.
In order to transfer an employee to the org unit, you should make the org unit or any of its top level org unit as Reporting Line Unit:
- Go to the Organizational Management work center.
- Select the Org Structures view.
- Locate the respective org unit and set proper Effective From date and select the Edit button.
- In the below Definitions tab, make sure Reporting Line Unit is checked.
- Select the Save button and Activate the change.
KBA , SRD-HR-PAD , Personnel Administration , Product Enhancement