- Picture and text shifted to the right
- Report exported to RTF format change the position of the text and picture
- After exporting a report to RTF format from Crystal Reports, and opening the document in MS word 2007, the report picture and text are shifted to the right
- The same exported report displays the picture and text at the right location when open in MS Word 2003 and MS Word 2010
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source.
- Insert a picture in the upper left corner of the Report Header section.
- Insert a database field in the Page Header section that output text.
- Format the field to display the text from right to left
- Export the report to RTF format
- Open the exported report in MS Word 2007
Notice the logo inserted in the upper right corner of the Report Header section, is now shifted to the right in MS Word 2007
Opening the same exported document in MS Word 2003 and MS Word 2010 displays the logo at the expected location
- The picture and text shift to the right when the following section contains text displayed from right to left.
- This situation occurs due to an issue MS Word 2007 has in interpreting RTF tags when text on the document is displayed from right to left.
- To display the picture and text at the right location when opening the report exported to RTF format in MS Word, use on of the following suggestion:
- Use MS Word 2003 or MS Word 2010 to view the exported document; OR
- Insert on the report a text object with a text direction from left to right to avoid the incorrect RTF tags interpretation by MS Word 2007:
- Open your report in Crystal Reports
- Insert a new Report Header section below your existing Report Header section, and above the section where the text direction for your object is set from right to left.
- In the new section, add a text object where the text direction is set from left to right
- Add text to the object
- Set the font color to white
- Finally check the section option: "Underlay Following Section" for the section in which the text object is located
Now, when viewing the exported document in MS Word 2003, 2007, or 2010, it will display the report as expected.
See the attached sample report for an example of the workaround by clicking here.
Crystal Reports, CR, export, RTF , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem