You have activated a Planning Area for Logistics, Planning and Availability Confirmation in a Material but you couldn't able deactivate or remove the Planning Area which is status Active.
SAP Business ByDesign all versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Product Data work center.
- Select the Materials view.
- Highlight the Material XYZ (XYZ represents the Material ID) and select the Edit button.
- Go to the Logistics or Planning or Availability Confirmation tab.
- Select the respective Planning Area. Where the respective Planning Area is in Active status, you can see that the Remove button is greyed out, and it is not possible to change the status to blocked.
Once a product is activated for a planning area/site in Planning, Logistics and Availability Confirmation, it is not possible to remove it or make it inactive. If the status is still In Preparation then you can delete the planning area from the product data.
The reason for this behavior is, if the Material is used for Logistics, Planning and Availability Confirmation, blocking the status will end up in inconsistencies in the Business Transaction Documents in which the Material is used. So, in general it is not allowed to block the status of Material for Logistics, Planning, Availability Confirmation.
The system is behaving as designed
Block, Deactivate, Planning Area, Logistics, Planning, Availability Confirmation , KBA , block , deactivate , planning area , logistics , planning , availability confirmation , SRD-MD-PRD-PRD , Product , Product Enhancement