You, as a personnel administrator, find that the Manager field in employee's personnel file actually shows the Reporting Line Unit manager of the employee, who may be different from his/her Cost Center manager.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Personnel Administration work center.
- Select the Employees view.
- Highlight an employee, select the Edit to open the Personnel File of the employee.
Where the Manager displayed in the General tab is the reporting line unit manager, not the cost center manager.
The org unit defined in the Organizational Management work center may have several Definitions. Some org units can be reporting line unit, but not cost center, or vice versa.
The system shows employee's reporting line unit manager in the personnel file of the employee, not cost center manager. Follow the below steps to find employee's cost center manager:
- Go to the Resource Management work center.
- Select the Resource Search view.
- Enter employee ID in the Find and select the Go to get the employee.
- Select the View button.
- In the popup, you can see Cost Center under Organizational Data.
- Go to the Organizational Management work center.
- Select the Org Structures view.
- Select the Find button to locate the cost center.
- Select the below General tab, the Org Unit Manager is the manager of the cost center.
KBA , SRD-HR-PAD , Personnel Administration , Product Enhancement