- Previewing a Crystal Report in the embedded report designer in Visual Studio 2010.
- Instead of showing the correct report data, random numbers or days of the week or names of colours are displayed?
- Why does the random data get displayed?
- Visual Studio 2010
- Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010
- The random data is displayed because there is no valid data available for the preview.
- This is most often done when the ADO.NET (XML) driver is used because the embedded designer has no way of getting data from the DataSet.
- The random data is used intentionally written so the report designer can get an idea of how their report will look.
- This is not an issue at runtime in the application.
- Preview the report in the application using the CrystalReportViewer - Winform, webform or WPF viewer.
- This will use live data from the SetDataSource method.
- Design your report on a .xml file which includes data and a schema. The .xsd file contains no data, so random data is used instead.
blue white fuchsia lime navy silver red olive yellow white Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday color , KBA , BI-DEV-NET , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - .NET or Other , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio