You are trying to synchronize accounts and contacts in ByDesign system to microsoft outlook client and facing the error :
Synchronizing all contacts and accounts to Outlook not possible. Sever returned an error; Contact your administrator.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Log on to the ByDesign system from outlook client using the outlook add-in.
- Click on button Tools-->Sap Business ByDesign settings.
- Click on button Download Contacts.
- You get the above mentioned error : Synchronizing all contacts and accounts to Outlook not possible. Sever returned an error; Contact your administrator
There could be one of the following reasons for the errors that you are receiving :
- You have not enabled outlook integration option in system scoping.
- You have not maintained the correct email ID in company address book.
Resolution for Cause 1.
In order to enable Outlook Integration in Scoping, Please follow the steps mentioned below
- Go to Business Configuration Work center.
- Select the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the current project and click on button Edit Project Scope.
- Go to step 3 Scoping.
- Select the element Communication and Information Exchange -> Office and Desktop Integration -> Microsoft Outlook Integration
- Enable the check box against this link and save the scoping changes.
Note: If the scoping element is greyed out you should enable the Activity Management element first on Sales -> Account Management -> Activity Management.
Please answer the all the questions asked in step 4 -Questions as YES and save the scoping changes.
Resolution for Cause 2.
- Log on to your Business ByDesign system.
- Navigate to Home work center Self Services view.
- Select the Self Service Overview.
- Select the Company Address -> Edit My Contact Data link.
- You have to maintain the same eMail ID under communication data that you are using in your outlook client.
- Also make sure that the eMail ID you maintain here should not be used by more than one person in your ByDesign system. As in that case also your outlook integration will not work.
Once these changes are done successfully, the outlook integration will be enabled in your system and you will be able to download synchronize your contacts and accounts with your Outlook.
In case you are still not able to synchronize the Accounts and Contacts with your outlook, please refer the case document 1610745-How to collect logs related to Outlook Integration. This document describes How to collect the Outlook Integration related logs from your computer.
Groupware; Outlook Integration , KBA , AP-BP-BPT , Business Partner Template , How To