When you assign a material to a Purchase Order, some of the Product Categories are missing in the value help.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Purchase Order and Requests work center.
- Select Purchase Order view.
- Select new Purchase Order.
- Select Item Type as Material.
- Select the value help of Product Category ID, where some of the expected Product categories are missing
If the Product category is marked as Product Assignment Allowed, then only the Product Category will be available for selection in the value help.
To solve the issue, you should set the product assignment allowed indicator for all product categories you want to use in purchasing.
The steps to mark the Product category to product assignment allowed is,
- Go to Product Data work center.
- Select Product Categories view.
- Select Maintain Product Categories button.
- Check the check box Product Assignment allowed respective to the Product Category ID.
- Select Save button.
Now, you could be able to find the Product Category ID in the value help of the Product Category ID in the New Purchase Order screen.
KBA , SRD-MD-BP , Business Partner , Product Enhancement