You are trying to do inventory adjustment, but system is showing error message:
- Confirmation not possible; positing on XX.YY.ZZZZ is blocked by accounting ( XX.YY.ZZZZ represents the Date of the blocked Accounting Period).
- Save Failed.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Physical Inventory work center.
- Select New Inventory Adjustment link, available under Common Tasks.
- In the new screen, enter relevant Storage Location ID and Key Date as XX.YY.ZZZZ.
- Choose Next button. Then choose Add Row button.
- Enter Logistics Area ID and choose OK button.
- Enter Product ID and Product Actual Quantity and choose Next button.
- Now choose Finish All Items. System shows error message:
- Confirmation not possible; positing on XX.YY.ZZZZ is blocked by accounting, While doing Inventory Adjustment.
- Save failed.
Accounting period relevant for date XX.YY.ZZZZ has Period Status as Blocked. That is why system is showing the error message.
To resolve the issue you need to open relevant accounting period. To do so:
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Select the Master Data: Companies view.
- Select the relevant company ID and choose Open and Close Period button.
- Search for the accounting period relevant for date XX.YY.ZZZZ. Here you can see that the Period Status of this period is Blocked.
- Now select the period and choose Open Periods button.
- Finally choose Save button.
If you do not want to open the accounting period, then you can use Set Process Control and choose to post to accounting to some other open period. Please refer to the Knowledge Base Article 1648199 - How to Post Reverse Warehouse Confirmation Without Opening the Relevant Accounting for details.
Release Outbound Delivery, Accounting Period Blocked, Set Process Control. , KBA , release outbound delivery , accounting period blocked , set process control , AP-PIP , Physical Inventory Processing , How To