When you try to assign Organizational Unit and Job ID to a Service Agent, you find that both fields are inactive. Therefore setting org unit and job ID is impossible.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Partner Data work center.
- Select the Service Agents view.
- Select respective service agent and select the Edit button.
- In the General tab, the Organizational Unit and Job ID field are disabled.
The cause for the issue is that this service agent is an internal employee as well. His/her organizational and job assignment have to be maintained for employee role, not for service agent role.
The Organizational Unit and Job ID of an internal employee need to be maintained in the Personnel Administration work center when hiring or transferring an employee:
- Go to the Personnel Administration work center.
- Select the Regular Task view.
- Select the Hire Employee or Transfer Employee link.
- In the respective popup, you can specify Organizational Unit and Job.
KBA , SRD-MD-BP , Business Partner , Product Enhancement