- One (1) is added at the end of the table name.
- Sometimes, Crystal Reports create a table alias and append one (1) at the end. Why does this occurs?
When connecting to a specific database, and adding the table: MyTable,
it displays the table name in Crystal Reports as: MyTable1
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- ODBC Datasource
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source via ODBC
- Add a table to the report, and noticed it add the number one (1) at the end of the table alias name like: <Table1>
- Crystal Reports checks the ODBC Drivers capability using “SQL_CORRELATION_NAME”
- It indicates whether the alias of table can have the same name as the table.
- It can be fetched by ODBC API: SQLGETINFO which is found in ODBCTEST->Conn menu.
- Switch to an ODBC driver which allows table and alias name to be the same.
Crystal Reports, ODBC, Table Alias, Alias name , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , How To
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016