You created an expense report and by default this report should be sent to your cost center manager for approval. But you find that system assigns the expense report to another cost center manager.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Home work center.
- Select the Self-Service Overview.
- Select the New Expense Report link.
Here you can see that the approver is different from your cost center manager.
The default cost assignment of an employee for an expense report is stored in the Expense Arrangement of an employee and it is usually kept in sync with any organizational unit changes of the employee, e.g. if an employee is transferred from org unit ABC to DEF, the cost assignment in the Expense Arrangement is delimited and a new entry is created with cost center DEF as default cost assignment. However under certain circumstances this synchronization does not take place, e.g. if an expense clerk has manually modified the default cost assignment in the expense arrangement of an employee.
So the issue might occur because someone manually changed the default cost assignment of the employee.
To resolve the issue, the default cost assignment needs to be restored.
- Go to the Travel and Expenses work center.
- Select the Expense Arrangement view.
- Search and highlight the employee.
- Select the Edit button.
- In the Cost Assignment section, Select the Add Row button.
- Input the Cost Center of employee's belonging cost center and the Percentage.
- Select the Save and Close button.
Assignement, Expense Report, Cost Center, Cost Assignement , KBA , SRD-FIN-ERM , Travel and Expense Management , Product Enhancement