SAP Roles are not imported for all BI 4.0 users
BI 4.0 SP1
Windows 2003 SP2
Reproducing the Issue
- Use a 5 Named User Licence in BI 4.0
- Create a SAP role in SAP BW and import role for the 5 named users. This works.
- Add additional users into CMC, attempt to import roles for these new users.
The new users are not updated with the roles and no error is displayed.
This is standard behaviour in Business Objects 3.1\BI 4.0user\licence management.
When importing SAP roles from SAP BW a check is done in the CMS to see if the license type will allow for additional users to be imported.
For example if you have a 5 Named User License, but more users in the CMC, when you attempt to import the SAP roles for all the users the roles will not be assigned for the additional users when the "Update Users" button is clicked in CMC > Authentication > SAP tab.
1. Obtain a number of conccurent user licenses
2. Obtain as many named user licenses as the roles\users you wish to import.
Roles Import License Named User Concurrent , KBA , BI-BIP-ADM , BI Servers, security & CrystalReports viewing in BI platform , Problem