- A custom .NET console application using Crystal Reports .NET SDK throws a warning, but executes the application.
- Warning: ORB::BOA_init: hostname lookup returned `localhost' (127.0.0.1/::1) Use the -OAhost option to select some other hostname
- .NET Console Application using Crystal Reports .NET SDK
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows XP
- Crystal Reports SP3
Reproducing the Issue
ReportDocument.Load() throws this warning.
- This issue is caused by the IPv6 network protocol being installed.
- The localhost address is reported back as ::1.
On Windows XP:
- Uninstall IPv6 Protocol.
On Windows Server 2008:
- Go to Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Mange network connections.
- Right click on Local Area Connection, go to properties.
- In the Networking tab, unchceck Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).
Note: It's not an error but a warning that the loopback address is coming back as ::1 .It wouldn't appear if the IPv6 was getting a real address from a server.
.net sdk , KBA , BI-DEV-NET , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - .NET or Other , Problem