You would like to create Materials with different formats (alphanumeric). This document will help on how to configure the fine-tuning activity, so that the Material ID will support all formats.
2AB40-XXX9Y-995, B-000130, A2BCDE-130, XYZ-000001, ABCDEF-11, A-00127, 1234, 12-ABC
SAP Business ByDesign.
SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer.
Configuring the fine tuning setting:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select Activity List view.
- Select Fine tune chevron.
- Search and open the activity 'Number range for Materials'.
- In Row 1, maintain as follows:
- Description Material - External ; Start Number .; End Number ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ; Interval Type Manual.
- Remove second row with Description Material - Internal (If the 2nd row exist).
- Select Save and Close button.
- Now you can able to create material with material IDs 2AH40-XXX9N-995, D-000130, S2SBDW-130, SAMP-000001, SDWKBZ-11, T-00127, 1234, 12-ABC.
Impact because of the above fine tuning change
- Material ID field becomes mandatory while creating a new material.
- Material ID's should be entered manually before saving a material.
Please check with your Project team or service advisor before making this fine-tuning changes.
Note: This document is valid only when you have a requirement to use Manual number range. The reason to remove the second row is that the first row holds all ranges and combinations
number range, material , KBA , AP-MD-PRO , Product , LOD-LE-PRD , Product + Product Category , How To