You would like to create Materials with different formats (including alphanumeric, numbers and combination of both). This document will help on how to configure the fine-tuning activity, so that the Material ID will support all formats.
2AH40-XXX9N-995, D-000130, S2SBDW-130, SAMP-000001, SDWKBZ-11, T-00127, 1234, 12-ABC
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Product Data work center.
- Select New Material under Common tasks.
Configuring the fine tuning setting:
1. Go to Business Configuration work center.
2. Select Activity List view.
3. Select Fine tune chevron.
4. Search and open the activity Number range for Materials.
5. In Row 1, maintain as follows,
> Description Material - External ; Start Number .; End Number ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ; Interval Type Manual.
> Remove second row with Description Material - Internal (If the 2nd row exist).
6. Select Save and Close button.
7. Now you can able to create material with material IDs 2AH40-XXX9N-995, D-000130, S2SBDW-130, SAMP-000001, SDWKBZ-11, T-00127, 1234, 12-ABC.
Impact because of above fine tuning change
1. Material ID field becomes mandatory while creating a new material.
2. Material ID's should be entered manually before saving a material.
Please check with the Project team or service advisor before making this fine-tuning changes.
KBA , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , How To