- How to limit the number of records
- When viewing a report, how to return a sample of the records returned
- When developing a report in Crystal Reports, how to return a sample set of the records without having to modify the report record selection
- Crystal Reports XI
- Crystal Reports XI R2
- Crystal Reports 2008
- Crystal Reports 2011
To preview a sample set of records for your report, use the option: Preview Sample
- Open your report in Crystal Reports
- Under the menu View, select: Preview Sample...
- In the Preview Sample window, select First for the option Preview this report with, and type the number of records to use for the sample
- Click the button OK to preview the report
The report will run as usual, but it will only use the number of record selected to generate the preview. This is very practical when developing reports.
Crystal Reports, limit number of records, CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , How To