You as a Project manager, you could find below error message while opening an Project Invoice request:
Project task XYZ associated with item ABC cannot be used. The project task is either in planning, stopped, closed, or blocked. To release the invoice request, select another project task.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Project Management work center.
- Select Project Invoice Requests view.
- Select All Invoice Requests in Show field.
- Select an invoice request and select Edit button.
Where you could find the above error messages.
The line item ABC in invoice request is associated with the Project XYZ. But the Project might be in the status Blocked or Stopped. Hence the error message and also it is not possible to release the invoice.
To resolve the issue and to release the invoice, the status of the project or the project task needs to be Released.
Steps are as follows:
- Go to Project management work center.
- Select Projects view.
- Highlight the project.
- Select Edit button and choose Project Plan option.
- Select Release option in the field Project Status.
- Select Save button.
KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , Product Enhancement