When you try to upload a new material using Excel, excel throws below error message while saving the data:
The element "LifeCycleStatusCode" with value "2 - Active" failed to parse.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Product data work center.
- Select Materials view.
- Select New button and choose New Material from Microsoft Excel.
- Logon into SAP business ByDesign in the MS Excel using your user credentials.
- Update the data in the respective field.
- Select Save data to option.
- A new dialog box opens up with the message The data is not valid according to the schema. click details for more information.
- Select Details button.
Above error message is displayed.
The issue is due to the drop down list in the New material excel.
This is just a warning message which you can ignore and it will not impact your business, Select OK button, so the data will be saved.
We have fixed this issue permanently in the next immediate release.
If you don’t want this warning message, Follow the below steps:
- Open the excel.
- Select the header cell (EX: Identified Stock Type).
- Right click on your mouse and select XML and choose XML Map Properties.
- Uncheck the field Validate data against schema for import and export.
KBA , SRD-MD-PRD-PRD , Product , Product Enhancement