You are in the work center Customer Invoicing and you posted an invoice document and the customer invoice changed to status Released. Now you moved to supplier invoicing work center and you posted an invoice document. But supplier invoice changed to status Posted. Can we have a single status of description for invoices?
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Select the Invoices and Credit Memos view.
- Select the Customer Invoice which was already posted.
- Customer invoice status is Released.
- Go to the Supplier Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoices and Credit Memos view.
- Select the Supplier Invoice which was already posted.
- Supplier Invoice Status is Posted.
Customer Invoicing: The reason using the status Released in the Customer Invoice is that, if an invoice is finished it is communicated to the Customer. In general the customer invoice is send e.g. as printout or email to the customer. With this the receivable gets valid. The main focus of customer invoice is to release the invoice to a customer.
Supplier Invoicing: The reason using the status Posted in Supplier Invoice is that, if an invoice is finished, it is communicated to Accounting and not to customer. Hence the main focus of supplier invoice is to post them in Accounting.
Customer Invoice processing and Supplier Invoice processing are two different business transactions and hence the related terms are used.
KBA , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , How To