You want to block some units of measurement, such as KGM (kilogram), MTQ (cubic meter) and MTR (meter). You find that you are not able to block them. There is a error 'Save failed'.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Work Center Business configuration
- Select view 'Implementation Projects'
- Choose button 'Open Activities Lists'
- Find activity 'Quantities and Units of Measure' in the step of 'Fine-Tuning'
- Choose 'Create and maintain physical units' in the pop-up window
- Try to block some Quantities and Units of Measure, such as KGM (kilogram), MTQ (cubic Meter) and MTR (meter), from the status 'Released' to 'Blocked'
You will find the error 'Save failed'.
Some released units, such as KGM, MTQ and MTR, cannot be blocked. Because they are Standard International units. These units' status must be 'Released', because some other units have conversion factors depending on these units.
For other regular units, the following description is the principle for the status changing of UoM:
- An unit cannot be changed back to 'InPreparation' once it is 'Released' or 'Blocked' .
- When a new unit is created it can be created with the status 'InPreparation'. In this status, it cannot be used for transactional data.
- Once the status is changed to 'Released', it can be used for transactional data.
- Once a 'Released' unit is not intended to be used, it can be 'Blocked'. If required, it can be 'Released' again.
KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To