In an inital scoping system, in the phase of Fine-Tuning, you have requested a production system. Then, you want to finish the activity Confirm Milestone: Fine-Tuning Completed . You find that you are not able to comfirm it in the inital scoping system. The checkbox of Fine-Tuning Completed is disabled.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business configuration Work Center
- Go to View Implementation Project
- Select First Implementation
- Press the button Open Activity List
- Go to the phase Fine-Tune
- Complete the activity Request Production System
- Open the activity Confirm Milestone:Fine-Tuning Completed
You will find The checkbox of Fine-Tuning Completed is disabled.
After finishing all other fine-tuning activities, you need to finish the activity Request Production System in the phase Fine-tuning to request a production system.
Then, a request is sent to SAP managed services who will:
- Provide a new initial state system that will become the production system
- Use the copy of the initial scoping system solution profile (scoping and fine-tuning) and load it into the new production system
- Deploy configurations in the production system
- Transfer selected basic (level-0) data and selected flexibility/extensibility transport from the initial scoping system to the production system.
Relevant data that was not transferred automatically has to be re-entered by the project team in the production system. These activities are indicated with a “Yes” in the Repetition Required column of the activity list. Activities to be repeated in the production system are reopened in the production system. All milestones left, including Confirm Milestone: Fine-Tuning Completed, need to be finished on the production system.
Now, the initial scoping system is “de-coupled” from the process. This is evidenced with the message "This project is active only in the production system. Access the production system to continue to work on your project”
The decoupled initial scoping system can now only be used as a sandbox system. Any changes made in the system will not be transferred automatically to the new production system.
Please go to the production system to complete the milestones.
KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To