- Chinese character incorrect.
- Some chinese characters are garbled when exporting a report to PDF format.
- Report containing a flash object made in Xcelsius / Dashboard, displays incorrec chinese characters when exported to PDF format from Crystal Reports.
- When running a report containing a Flash object in Visual Studio .NET application, and exporting the report to PDF format, the Chinese characters are corrupted.
If the flash object on the report displays: “层”, “木”
It will then displays in the PDF document the following character instead, which is incorrect: “楼”
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports designer, create a report off any data source.
- Insert a Flash object created in Dashboard.
- Create a formula field and enter Chinese characters into the formula.
- Set up the value in the flash data binding expert to bind the formula to the Flash object variable.
- When previewing the report in Crystal Reports designer or in the Crystal Reports Viewer for .NET, the Chinese characters are displayed correctly.
- Export the report to PDF format, then notice the Chinese characters are incorrect.
- This is a known issue that has been tracked under ADAPT01510003
- This issue is resolved in the following product updates and above:
- Crystal Reports 2008:
- Fix Pack 3.5
- Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010:
- Service Pack 1
- Reference ADAPT01510003
12 CR2010 2010 CR4VS2010 CR4VS VS2010 NET2010 crystal reports for visual studio 2010 garbled squished malformed export , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio