You created a fixed asset manually. You have not acquired the fixed asset. You have not assigned any acquisition cost to the fixed assets. But the button Delete is grayed out when you delete the fixed asset.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Fixed Assets work center.
- Go to the Fixed Assets view.
- Select a fixed asset.
- See that the button 'Delete' is grayed out.
Once you set the field Capitalization Date to some value then the status of your asset changes from In Process to Capitalized.
It is not possible to delete Capitalized assets.
You have 2 options:
- Clear out the Capitalization date manually and reuse the asset for the purchase process.
- Set the Deactivation date manually.
Steps to do:
- Select your asset.
- Go to the Master Data tab.
- Go to the Life Cycle Data tab.
- Here either change the field Capitalization date or Deactivation date.
delete fixed asset, scrap fixed asset, acquisition cost , KBA , SRD-FIN-ACR , Receivables , How To