You may encounter the following error message when releasing times recorded for a particular project task:
Purchase Order Item ABC not released for time confirmation
Whereas purchase order XYZ has been set for your times recorded against this project task but the error message shows another purchase order ABC.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Home work center.
- Select the Self-Services Overview.
- Select the Edit Time Sheet link under the Time section.
- Input the time for the respective project task.
- Select the Release button and choose the Selected Period option.
System throws the above error message.
The cause system shows the different purchase order instead of one on which you want to record times is that there are some inactive times which have not been released yet.
If you select Release All then those times will also be activated. But if the purchase order is fully delivered, system rejects the activation of those times and rejects the action Release All.
There are different possibilities to overcome this issue:
- If the purchase order ABC is not yet finished, then you use Release All option to release all the times.
- If the purchase order ABC is in Finished status, then you should select the Release Selected Period which only release those times in the currently selected period. But it is recommended that you should have a look at those inactive times first.
- You can navigate in the Time Sheet. Those inactive times are editable and therefore they can be deleted (clear the cell). You should create a new line for the selected task. The system will then automatically default with the corresponding purchase order. And the previously deleted, inactive times can be created again:
- Go to Edit Time Sheet under Self-Services Overview.
- Go to the date (DD.MM.YYYY), clear the time entered in the cell for this date and press Enter key.
- Create a new line for the same task and enter the times for the above same date DD.MM.YYYY.
- Save the times and release those times by selecting the Release button and Selected Week option.
KBA , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , Product Enhancement