- Unable to import an excel file
- Error : 'Server Busy: The action cannot be completed because the other program is busy'
Reproducing the Issue
- Launch Xcelsius
- Import an XLF file
- Go to Data > Import
- select an excel file
- Click on Import
==> error is displayed and does not allow to proceed
The error is caused by the Excel compatibility checker which is triggered in the background.
Because the Excel 2007 file has Excel 2003 format cells, it triggers the compatibility check when opening/saving it. When importing such Excel file in Xcelsius, the compatiblity check is triggered. This causes a new Excel process to be spawned and the server busy message to appear. Xcelsius does not take into account that the compatiblity check was deactivated in Excel and always triggers the Compatibility Check
- Open the Task Manager
- Select the 'Excel compatibility checker'
- Click on Switch to
- Click OK
If you want to disable the compatibility checker in Excel:
- Go to Excel options
- On the File tab, click Info
- Click Check for issues
- Click Check Compatibility
- Clear the Check compatibility when you save this workbook box.
The action cannot be completed because the other program is busy, compatibility checker , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem