You created an expense report and sent it for approval. When you edit the expense report, you note that the status of the expense report changes from In Approval to In Audit.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Travel and Expenses work center
- Select the Expense Reports view
- Select the respective report with the In Approval status and choose the Edit button
- In the popup window, the status changes to In Audit
- And the approver still has the approval task in his/her Inbox
The scenario works as follows:
Condition: Status of an expense report is In Approval and the approver has the approval task for this expense report in the Managing My Area work center.
1. If the user edits an expense report which is in status In Approval, then the internal status changes to In Audit.
> This status change will not be effective until the expense report is saved.
> If the user closes the expense report without saving, the status of the expense report does not change and remains In Approval.
2. If the user changes the expense report and saves it.
> The status changes to In Audit.
> The approval task which is in the approver's inbox will vanish.
3. Once the auditor reviews the expense report and accepts it.
> The status changes to In Approval.
> New approval task will be sent to the approver.
Note that the above scenario stays the same when editing an expense report with status Released.
This is the standard behavior.
KBA , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , Product Enhancement