- License Key does not work.
- Getting an error message during the installing process: "The keycode you entered is not valid. Please try again. INS00140"
- SAP BO BI 4.0 Platform
- Dashboard Design
Reproducing the Issue
- Install Dashboard Design
- Enter a valid License keycode
- Error is caused by program iskeycodevalid.exe in mcsvr80.dll
- Search the machine for all local instances of "Cryptocme2.dll" (to see what other software may be using it)
- Rename the *.dll extension of the identified cryptocme2.dll files, using *.OLD (for example)
- Reboot machine
- Log on as Admin account
- Run the installation again
-> the installation will pass the keycode check
- Rename cryptocme2.old files back to cryptocme2.dll
*caveat* you may find that Adobe Acrobat Reader no longer works.
- This issue can also happen when Restrictions have been applied to Windows UAC (User Access Control), limiting permissions to HKLM Registry. To avoid this: when performing an installation of Dashboard Design, make sure to right-click on the setup.exe, and select "Run as Administrator" before launching the routine.
- This problem can also happen if the O/S was previously used for an earlier BI 4.0 installation or BETA build (since removed / uninstalled) but leaving inconsistencies in the Registry.
Some related defects in this area have been solved in SP01 for BI 4.0:
- ADAPT01491541 - Loading wrong version cryptographic libraries
- ADAPT01520943 - Dashboard Design application prompts for License key after launch
AURORA_4.0_SP01 ; Xcelsius ; , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Dashboards and Presentation Design , Bug Filed